Successes and Failures are Parts of Trading. They are Not Permanent.
 photo TheDailyHINT01_zpsae8386eb.png

trading automation
05-02-2015, 01:02 PM
trading automation
hello masters,

I just have a question since I want to automate some trading specially in cutting loses.
Let's say I want to sell my stocks when the price of company x goes down to 9.5 from the current price of 10.
I want to set it in a way that I don't have to be there (staring at the screen) during the market hours.
Does any broker have this functionality?
im currently using firstmetrosec and colfinancial -- none of them has this
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
 photo TheDailyHINT01_zpsae8386eb.png
05-02-2015, 01:10 PM
RE: trading automation
(05-02-2015 01:02 PM)ymerejq Wrote:  hello masters,

I just have a question since I want to automate some trading specially in cutting loses.
Let's say I want to sell my stocks when the price of company x goes down to 9.5 from the current price of 10.
I want to set it in a way that I don't have to be there (staring at the screen) during the market hours.
Does any broker have this functionality?
im currently using firstmetrosec and colfinancial -- none of them has this

I think pwede yan bro... Lagay ka lang ng sell order sa 9.5 tapos set mo GTC (Good til Cancelled).. You sell order will be hit once price will go down that range.. Not really sure pero yan pagkaka-intindi ko sa mga cut loss orders nila.. D ko pa kasi nagagamit ang ganyan na style..
05-02-2015, 02:18 PM
(05-02-2015 01:10 PM)Cebuano Wrote:  I think pwede yan bro... Lagay ka lang ng sell order sa 9.5 tapos set mo GTC (Good til Cancelled).. You sell order will be hit once price will go down that range.. Not really sure pero yan pagkaka-intindi ko sa mga cut loss orders nila.. D ko pa kasi nagagamit ang ganyan na style..

Thanks for the input sir
hmmm... just to be sure, maybe I'll just email the brokers first.
As I understand it, if I currently own shares of company X which is currently priced at 10 and I place a GTC sell order at 9.5 , the order will be executed immediately going to the next top bidder inline which may most likely be at 10 or 9.8.
That would defeat my purpose since I only want to sell if and only if the price goes to 9.5.
05-02-2015, 02:19 PM
sorry if I find it hard to explain myself...
05-02-2015, 02:45 PM
(05-02-2015 02:18 PM)ymerejq Wrote:  
(05-02-2015 01:10 PM)Cebuano Wrote:  I think pwede yan bro... Lagay ka lang ng sell order sa 9.5 tapos set mo GTC (Good til Cancelled).. You sell order will be hit once price will go down that range.. Not really sure pero yan pagkaka-intindi ko sa mga cut loss orders nila.. D ko pa kasi nagagamit ang ganyan na style..

Thanks for the input sir
hmmm... just to be sure, maybe I'll just email the brokers first.
As I understand it, if I currently own shares of company X which is currently priced at 10 and I place a GTC sell order at 9.5 , the order will be executed immediately going to the next top bidder inline which may most likely be at 10 or 9.8.
That would defeat my purpose since I only want to sell if and only if the price goes to 9.5.

Yes sir I understand your point and actually that is one of my concerns that's why I'm not using physical stop loss order..

Get in too early and you will lose. Get in too late and you will lose.
It's challenging but this is what makes the game so fun to play!
05-02-2015, 08:26 PM
Just call your broker and see if you can arrange sell stop orders.

"A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be." - Albert Einstein
05-03-2015, 05:55 AM
(05-02-2015 08:26 PM)ippfx Wrote:  Just call your broker and see if you can arrange sell stop orders.

stop-loss order... that's the word
anyhow, I just found out that PSE does not allow it as of the moment
well I guess I will settle for the price alert monitor in firstmetro

*sobs in the corner*

thanks for your replies
05-04-2015, 08:07 AM
(05-03-2015 05:55 AM)ymerejq Wrote:  
(05-02-2015 08:26 PM)ippfx Wrote:  Just call your broker and see if you can arrange sell stop orders.

*sobs in the corner*

thanks for your replies

I don't trade the PSE at puro US stocks ang mga trades ko. And this is all done by almost all online brokers sa US. I currently use Scottrade and you can do limit orders, stop orders, trailing stop orders, market orders and sometimes combinations of them where they can be good until cancelled, or good until a specific day or good until the end of the trading day. And who allows this is not NASDAQ, or NYSE, etc. They are just all open and the online broker companies that connect to them in real time and the ones running these different order types.

I never traded on the PSE yet, but I believe it is not the PSE that controls if these orders are possible or not.

If the online broker provides you the facility to buy or sell in real time and it connects to the PSE in real time, I think it is up to their own system if they allow these triggers to run or not. Sino sino ba mga online brokers for PSE?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-04-2015, 09:53 AM
(05-04-2015 08:07 AM)BenjArriola Wrote:  
(05-03-2015 05:55 AM)ymerejq Wrote:  

*sobs in the corner*

thanks for your replies

I don't trade the PSE at puro US stocks ang mga trades ko. And this is all done by almost all online brokers sa US. I currently use Scottrade and you can do limit orders, stop orders, trailing stop orders, market orders and sometimes combinations of them where they can be good until cancelled, or good until a specific day or good until the end of the trading day. And who allows this is not NASDAQ, or NYSE, etc. They are just all open and the online broker companies that connect to them in real time and the ones running these different order types.

I never traded on the PSE yet, but I believe it is not the PSE that controls if these orders are possible or not.

If the online broker provides you the facility to buy or sell in real time and it connects to the PSE in real time, I think it is up to their own system if they allow these triggers to run or not. Sino sino ba mga online brokers for PSE?

I hope you are right with that one, sir.
It makes sense for brokers to have these features since it could save them from unnecessary traffic
And it can be easily done programatically so I see no reason on why they don't have it in their end