please note : try to use earlier passwords or try password reset
please note : newly registered users (not existing in earlier forum) need registration again :(

image host
The Responsible Trader
I would like to open this Thread in line with my advocacy -- RESPONSIBLE TRADING and this also dovetails with SMP’s theme of EMPOWERING THE FIILIPINO TRADER. I envision an improved Philippine Stock Market where every trader is properly educated and where every trader is properly protected.

As I have posted on the thread “Spyfrat’s Call on SMP”:

NEWBIE TRADER + EDUCATION + CORRECT INFORMATION = RESPONSIBLE TRADER

RESPONSIBLE TRADERS + VERY VIGILANT CMIC = IMPROVED PHIL. STOCKMARKET

I believe that an Empowered Trader becomes a Responsible Trader. For me Responsible Trading means Practicing Self Discipline, Continuously Educating Yourself, Protecting your Capital at all Times and Taking Full Responsibility for your Trading Results.

By being a Responsible Trader you stop trading unnecessarily avoiding trading just for the sake of trading.

Once we have Responsible Traders then we will have lesser traders entering trades recklessly. To borrow the words of Bro Spyfrat avoiding the likes of “IPVG, CLOUD and EG definitely SCAM (Stocks Con Artist Mined)."

On this Thread, I will post audio visuals (videos, pictures, powerpoint, jpeg, etc) weekly that complemented my learning journey. I also enjoin you to do the same.

If you have, in one way or another, benefitted from any of my posts, please pay it forward. Let us all make SMP a Cyberspace Community of SHARERS and LEARNERS, not HYPERS and BASHERS.

NOTES:
I have done lots of posts on several threads. All of these are in line with my Advocacy:

Ninjathoughts - on the Off Topic Thread - are my personal reflections on life and trading and the corresponding material in my Inspirational files.

Ninjareviews - on the particular stock - are my observations on a 10-minute chart to train us quickly in identifying data relevant to decision making which I share for the benefit of SMP members who have no access to a charting software at that particular moment.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

RESPONSIBLE TRADING, my Advocacy, means Practicing Self Discipline, Continuously Educating Yourself, Protecting your Capital at all Times and Taking Full Responsibility for your Trading Results.

MY TRADING PHILOSOPHY:
TRADING without FEAR, TRADING without GREED. GREED causes exposure to DANGER. FEAR causes missed OPPORTUNITIES.

MY TRADING RULES:
1. PROTECT YOUR CAPITAL at ALL TIMES. 2. TRADE to TRADE WELL not only for MONEY.
 photo TheDailyHINT01_zpsae8386eb.png
For this week, I would like to start with the first lesson from Cloud9 Media Limited

for the Masters Certificate on Technical Analysis

Module 1 - Technical Analysis and the Dow Theory

LEARNING OBJECTIVES:
After viewing this material, you should be able to
1. Understand the Dow Theory
2. The Three Tenets of Technical Analysis
3. The Difference between Technical and Fundamental Analysis
RESPONSIBLE TRADING, my Advocacy, means Practicing Self Discipline, Continuously Educating Yourself, Protecting your Capital at all Times and Taking Full Responsibility for your Trading Results.

MY TRADING PHILOSOPHY:
TRADING without FEAR, TRADING without GREED. GREED causes exposure to DANGER. FEAR causes missed OPPORTUNITIES.

MY TRADING RULES:
1. PROTECT YOUR CAPITAL at ALL TIMES. 2. TRADE to TRADE WELL not only for MONEY.
My Ninjanotes: MCTA - Module 1

TECHNICAL ANALYSIS VS. FUNDAMENTAL ANALYSIS

Technical analysis and Fundamental analysis are the two main schools of thought in the financial markets. Technical analysis looks at the price movement of a security and uses this data to predict future price movements. Fundamental analysis, on the other hand, looks at the company’s financial statements to determine soundness of investment.

In other forums I visited, Technical Analysts scoff at Fundamental Analysis because it is based on delayed data and say that it is useless because everything has already been discounted by price action. On the other hand, Fundamental Analysts question the validity of the discipline of Technical Analysis to the point where they laugh at its practitioners as pseudo-experts.

If I am not mistaken, I think most SMP members are Technical Analysts or Chartists. The only SMP member I have seen making posts on Fundamental Analysis is Bro Basurero and he focuses mainly on Benjamin Graham's tests from the book The Intelligent Investor. I have given a sample of Financial Ratio Analysis I do on the CAL thread. (Post #2425 dated August 26, 2012)

I am neither for nor against Fundamental and Technical Analysis. In my opinion both are useful. In my case, I use Fundamental Analysis first (financial ratios, horizontal, vertical, trend, Du Pont method, Z score) to test the soundness of the company I plan to trade. After determining that the company is fundamentally good, then I apply Technical Analysis to determine proper timing to enter the trade. Finally, on the day that I enter the trade I use Sentiment Analysis using the stock’s Pivot Point as my basis. If in my 10-minute chart after my 30-minute breakout rule, price is above Pivot the sentiment is good. If above Pivot and above Resistance sentiment is very good and there is a very good opportunity to make money on the trade and vice versa.

Since I use both Fundamental Analysis and Technical Analysis plus Sentiment Analysis before entering a trade on all stocks I plan to enter including the bazuras, I think this is the reason why my Portfolio consists of 80% Blues and only 20% Speculatives.

Please feel free to post your comments before I post the next video on the Masters Certificate on Technical Analysis this coming Saturday entitled: Module 2 – Charting Basics.

I know you can access these videos and others on YouTube and do advance learning, but I suggest that we take this one lesson at a time so we can have a productive exchange of ideas for our mutual benefit.

Whenever applicable, I will also post my own drawings, excel file, powerpoint presentation to supplement and enhance our learning.

Good luck on all your trades tomorrow.

MY TRADING PHILOSOPHY:

MY TRADING RULES:
napakaganda nitong naisip nyo bro ninja! Very useful... Kahit nasa internet na yan pero hindi lahat ng mga newbie nagsearch nito klaseng material. Mas epektib pa itong ginawa mo at least may isang linggong Pagitan, may time para maabsorb yong lesson.higit sa lahat yong ipresent mong topic I,m sure very organised ang pagka sunod sunod nito kumbaga from the very basic to advanced topic in a step by step pa. I do believe that LEARNING is a continuous process... I,m hoping more to come from you, and praying to God to guide and bless you always!
Thanks for creating this thread bro ninja.. This will definitely help a lot of traders, especially newbies in stock trading. Smile

Suggestion lang, why not just post your ninjathoughts and ninjareviews in this thread para may central repository (or probably, create new threads na lang)? Pag nasa ibang threads kasi, mabilis matabunan, so sayang lang yung inputs mo kung di mabasa.
Bro Indo and Bro GAP,

Thanks for the positive feedback. Very good suggestions. +1 rep point for each of you. Actually, what I am doing is for our mutual benefit.

Anybody can download these lessons but as a value added, I am also posting my own inputs based on my experience, insights and sometimes out-of-the box thinking as you will see in my next posts.

Although I cannot award a Master's Certificate in Technical Analysis, SMP members after completing these lessons will have a solid foundation to becoming a Responsible Trader.

The whole Master's Certificate in Technical Analysis covers the following:
Module 1 - Technical Analysis and Dow Theory
Module 2 - Charting Basics
Module 3 - Trend Concepts
Module 4 - Reversal and Continuation Patterns
Module 5 - Volume and Open Interest
Module 6 - Moving Averages
Module 7 - Oscillators and Sentiment Indicators
Module 8 - Further Charting
Module 9 - Elliott Waves and Cycles of Time
Module 10 - Cloud Charts - Ichimoku Technique
Module 11 - Money Management and Computers
Module 12 - How to Build a Trading System

MY TRADING PHILOSOPHY:

MY TRADING RULES:
bro ninja, ano gamit mong charting software? ninjatrader din ? ninja (same sa name mo e). o iba? suggest ka bro pag useful na yung software in relation with the topic na a. salamat ng madami. Angel
Bro vitjax,

Nagulat nga ako nung may nag-mention sa akin na mayroon palang Ninja Trader Trading Platform.

Nung malaman ko sinubukan ko na ring mag-test ng Ninja Trader 7 Demo nila pero tingin ko overkill para sa Philippine stockmarket kasi tayo yata nasa lineup ng mga smallest financial markets in the world. Tapos masyadong mahal pa Single Payment Lifetime License US$995.00 ang lease naman U$50.00 per month.

Ang gamit ko ngayon Amibroker tapos Charting Software included sa trading platform ng COL. Pag nasa Charting topic na tayo, pwede na maski ano dito sa dalawa o iba pang Charting Software like Metastock.

MY TRADING PHILOSOPHY:

MY TRADING RULES:
Ganun pala. Sige bro. Abangan ko yung part na ituturo mo pagamit nung mga yan. Smile Yung ninjatrader platform, meron ata free license.
(09-17-2012, 06:09 AM)Ninjatrader919 Wrote: Bro Indo and Bro GAP,

Thanks for the positive feedback. Very good suggestions. +1 rep point for each of you. Actually, what I am doing is for our mutual benefit.

Anybody can download these lessons but as a value added, I am also posting my own inputs based on my experience, insights and sometimes out-of-the box thinking as you will see in my next posts.

Although I cannot award a Master's Certificate in Technical Analysis, SMP members after completing these lessons will have a solid foundation to becoming a Responsible Trader.

The whole Master's Certificate in Technical Analysis covers the following:
Module 1 - Technical Analysis and Dow Theory
Module 2 - Charting Basics
Module 3 - Trend Concepts
Module 4 - Reversal and Continuation Patterns
Module 5 - Volume and Open Interest
Module 6 - Moving Averages
Module 7 - Oscillators and Sentiment Indicators
Module 8 - Further Charting
Module 9 - Elliott Waves and Cycles of Time
Module 10 - Cloud Charts - Ichimoku Technique
Module 11 - Money Management and Computers
Module 12 - How to Build a Trading System

You're the best man bro NINJA!!You have the passion of helping people to understand complex situations in TRADING.

BTW bro sa pinakadami ko nang nadownload na ebook related to stocks ay wala pa akong nakita at nahanapang FILIPINO AUTHOR na talagang NAEXPOUND ang ating local market(our own stocks here in the Phil. -LOCAL SETTING). Can you please share/recommend title/name of author(if theres a book that is already available) that you are using.

Pero kung wala pa, I suggest/propose to all SMP members that if it's possible we would at least START WRITING a stock BOOK/REFERENCE that has a LOCAL SETTING that will benefit future FILIPINO/FOREIGN traders that will be trading in the PSE. And it would start here IN STOCKMARKETPILIPINAS site.

After NEW TRADERS will complete bro Ninja's Modules(from basic to advance), I think the next step is that "THE TRADER MUST KNOW THE BEHAVIOUR OF THE MARKET THAT SHE/HE WILL BE TRADING" and that will be the VISION of the BOOK/REFERENCE that we will be starting to WRITE.

If many will support this, It's possible that we will be able to write ONE because as we must know there are many SMP members that have GOLDEN EXPERIENCES in our local market and they are willing to SHARE whole/fraction of their KNOWLEDGE. Although things will not be the same again after many years, many will bebefit from it especially those who have passion in trading, especially the New Traders.

My Suggested topics that will be discussed/included/written in the BOOK/REFERENCE: (members can always add!!)
1. How do Global Markets affect our Local Market(local stocks).(MUST BE SPECIFIC and DIRECT)
2. INTERNAL and EXTERNAL FACTORS that affect local stocks.(MUST BE SPECIFIC and DIRECT)
3. LOCAL/PSE LAWS that governing our local stocks(although some laws are available on the PSE website i recommend making it simpler because not all traders can understand the words).
4. If possible, we will include a complete guide/requirement for FILIPINO/FOREIGN on how to apply here to be able to TRADE/INVEST here in the philippines.
5. List of Stock/Company PERSONALITY(which is already available here at SMP) so that traders will know the people they are hearing/reading.
ETC.....Although even it sounds like just reading the whole books in economics section, my point is that WE WILL BE SPECIFIC and DIRECT.

I know this very hard to do(for some easy) but I think the important thing is that ""WE"" would be able to start it.

**Well, this is just my suggestion and I will leave it for SMP MEMBERS to
comment on.**

Thank you Bro ninja because I used your thread on writing my proposal. When visiting your thread i really feel happy and inspired on what you have done. Preparing your MODULES is not an easy task but you still willing to do it...you're such a good person!
Sa mga bago sa:
-CANDLESTICK PATTERNS
-ELLIOT WAVE PATTERNS
-CHART PATTERNS
...download nyo ito...

***strictly for personal use only***

Download them here: TOUCH ME

Nothing is just coincidence, every tree in life's garden bears significance. -Brahma Kumaris